Walking Football Leagues Alliance
The Walking Football Leagues Alliance is a free to join, support network whose objectives are to help establish, promote and support walking football leagues. The alliance encourages leagues to keep their independence but also offers participating leagues the following collective benefits:
- Planning and scheduling of a walking football calendar.
- Enhanced marketing/publicity/promotion of activities.
- Assistance with planning and organising events and tournaments.
- Sharing of resources.
- Development of referees and access to a referees register.
- Increased sponsorship opportunities.
- Help to community groups to develop organised teams so that they may want to join leagues.
- A coordinated and experienced voice that can represent the sport of walking football to external bodies.
Free membership is open to the organisers of any FA affiliated walking football league or leagues that have adopted their National FA’s LOTG (local amendments accepted).
To oversee the work of the Walking Football Leagues Alliance would be an advisory body, involving representatives from member leagues and this would then evolve over time as the organisation develops.
If you are a tournament organiser but your organisation doesn’t qualify for membership then please do Contact Us as we will consider publicising your tournament in the events section on our website as our aim is to promote the sport at a grassroots competitive level.